Want to feel relaxed at the comfort of home? This is possible by having a sauna! Whether it is a traditional wooden sauna or a portable steam sauna, the options will be plenty depending on your budget. Aside from the sauna unit itself, you will also need to invest in the best sauna accessories. With the latter, you can optimize the experience and feel more rejuvenated.
Are you looking for the best sauna accessories? If you are, then we got you covered! This brief guide will talk about some of the items that you need to have for a more relaxing sauna experience.
What Sauna Accessories Do You Need?
Before we start listing some of our recommended products, below are some of the accessories that you might want to have for your sauna.
- Sauna Thermometer: The main reason why people use sauna is to enjoy its heat. With this, it will be good to have a handy thermometer that can accurately monitor temperature. Make sure that it isn’t too hot to avoid problems like dizziness and nausea.
- Sauna Bucket and Ladle: In a traditional sauna, you will pour water in a bed of hot rocks. To do this, you need a bucket filled with water. The ladle, on the other hand, is used to scoop water out of the bucket. They are often made of wood.
- Sauna Towel: This is a non-negotiable accessory in most saunas, especially if you are in a public sauna. Aside from covering your private parts, it also protects your skin from the surface where you will be sitting.
- Backrest: Most of the saunas will have a wooden bench and flat wall. After quite some time, you will feel tired. For your highest level of comfort, it will also be good to invest in a backrest.
- Aromatherapy Kit: This will consist mostly of essential oils. While steam and heat from the sauna can already provide a relaxing experience, it would be better if they are combined with oils, especially those that will trigger relaxation.
Reviews of Top 5 Picks for the Best Sauna Accessories
Clueless about the sauna accessories to buy? Below are some of the options that should be on your radar.
1. Kuppet Portable Folding Steam Sauna
Starting our list is not an accessory but a sauna. However, this isn’t your traditional sauna. Instead, this is a portable unit. This means that you can easily move it from one place to another. The best thing is that it comes with an easy to assemble and collapse design, making it user-friendly.
This sauna comes with a large zippered opening at the center, making it a breeze to get in and out. Even better, there are two zippered openings for the hands. This means that you can place your hands outside while enjoying the sauna. You can read a book or use your phone.
Another good feature of this portable sauna is its rapid heating. After plugging it in, it will take approximately 15 minutes before it is hot and you can already start a relaxing experience.
The two-liter pot that comes with the package is also a good thing. It is large enough so that you won’t have to refill while you are using the sauna.
For convenience, there is also an included remote. With the latter, you do not need to bend and operate the steam unit.
- Lightweight and compact
- Easy to set up
- Heats quickly
- Uncomfortable chair
- Frame can be prone to shifting
2. Fencia Sauna Blanket
If you want to enjoy sauna experience without being at the gym or spa, this is one product that you might want to consider having. This is a sauna blanket. This means that it will be easy to set-up. You do not need to have the luxury of space. You just need a place where you can lay down.
The material used in this sauna blanket has also been commended by many people. It is made of a high-quality Oxford cloth. It also comes with a waterproof PVC to guarantee the durability of the blanket.
You will also love how the manufacturer emphasized safety of the user when they designed this product. For instance, the wires are completely hidden, so that they won’t directly get in contact with your body. The wire is also built to withstand stretching.
Another good design element of this sauna blanket is the zippered hand pockets. You do not have to keep your hands inside the blanket, which will also make the experience more relaxing.
With this sauna, you can enjoy adjustable temperature. You can customize the heat of the sauna depending on what you are most comfortable with. You can choose between 25 to 80 degrees Celsius. You can also set the timer from 15 to 60 minutes.
- Good thermostat
- Compact and portable
- Zippered hand openings
- May not get as hot as a sauna
- Temperature may not be accurate
3. UWECAN Sauna Wooden Bucket and Ladle Kit
When you are in a traditional sauna, to create steam, you have to put water in the rocks. With that, you should always have a bucket of water nearby instead of having to stand up and going outside to get some. This bucket and ladle kit is a good accessory to have.
In terms of construction, this is made of premium Finland pinewood, which is reflective of exceptional quality. It is also hand-made, so you can be sure that the manufacturer pays attention even to the smallest detail. The best thing is that despite its exceptional construction, this is an affordable product.
The wooden bucket has a capacity of six liters. The plastic liner that comes with the bucket, on the other hand, has a capacity of 4.5 liters. For some people, this can be quite small.
- Has a leak-proof plastic liner
- Good-looking design
- Some might find it to be too small
- Can have durability issues
4. Scandia Sauna Wood Oil
This oil is a great product for the treatment of your sauna. Because of the word oil in the product name, some of you might instantly assume that it is an essential oil that can be used for aromatherapy. However, this is the kind of oil used for treating wood used in the sauna.
With the use of this oil, it can effectively restore the appearance of interior wood surfaces. This will keep the wood in its peak condition. As a result, you will have a better sauna experience because wood is able to retain its aroma.
This is more than just an oil that you can use for restoring your wood sauna. It can be equally effective when used as a protective barrier. This will keep pests and mildew out of your wooden sauna, among other problems.
Another thing that we love in this product is that it is made using natural and organic materials. You don’t have to worry about toxic chemicals.
- Made using natural and organic materials
- Works on a wide array of woods
- Easy to apply
- Only good for low temperatures
- Can cause sauna smoke
5. US Energy Products Reflective Aluminum Vapor Barrier
A vapor barrier like this product is one of the most important components in the construction of a traditional sauna. It will block moisture from getting inside the sauna walls. By preventing moisture from passing through, this improves the ability of the sauna to retain heat, making it more efficient.
The construction of this product is top-notch. It is made using a heavy-duty and tear-proof material. It is also easy to install and maintain. This will not promote the growth of bacteria in the sauna, ensuring a great experience all the time.
Lastly, it is 1,000 square feet, making it affordable. It is double-sided aluminum and can reflect up to 97% of radiant heat.
- Blocks 99% of heat
- Can be tricky to cut
The best sauna accessories are must-haves for a more relaxing experience. You will feel more rejuvenated at home when you have the right accessories. They are great investments to bring to your house a high-end spa experience. Take note of our recommendations above and it will be hard for you to go wrong!