Looking for an infrared sauna near me? You came to the right place. We’ll help you find the best infrared sauna to yield its maximum benefits.
Before we start, however, take note that we won’t be listing down the establishments near your place that you can visit. We do not know exactly where you live, so it is impossible for us to give recommendations.
Instead, this guide will let you understand what an infrared sauna is, how it works, what are its benefits, and some tips on how you can find the best one near your place. Read on and gear up for a sauna experience like no other!
What is an Infrared Sauna?
First, let’s quickly look at what exactly an infrared sauna is. While they are called a sauna, technically, they are infrared therapy cabins. In a traditional sauna, a bed of hot rocks act as the heating element by producing steam. It generates an infrared spectrum to deliver an array of benefits, including those that we’ll be talking about in the next section of this guide.
When comparing an infrared sauna with a traditional sauna, the most notable difference is the way they are using heat. In a traditional sauna, there is a single heater. It heats the air, and in turn, it heats the user. On the other hand, in the case of an infrared sauna, there is only a small percentage of heat that heats the air and most of which heats the body. The maximum temperature in a traditional sauna is often 195 degrees Fahrenheit, In contrast, with an infrared sauna, the temperature ranges from 110 to 135 degrees Fahrenheit.
Benefits of an Infrared Sauna
Need more compelling reasons to try an infrared sauna? Below are some of the benefits worth noting.
- It Helps Relieve Pain: Infrared saunas can help in pain management. This is especially effective for people who are experiencing rheumatoid arthritis and joint pain. It will make your joints less stiff.
- It Treats Chronic Fatigue Syndrome: In a small study that involves ten participants, it has been proven that the perceived fatigue was significantly reduced after taking part in an infrared sauna therapy.
- It Improves Muscle Recovery: If you have sore muscles from sports or exercise, among other physical activities, then using an infrared sauna is promising. This will help in easing muscle tension and improving muscle recovery.
- It Delivers Cardiovascular Benefits: Looking for the best way to have a healthier heart? You might benefit from trying an infrared sauna. It has been noted to have short-term benefits in your heart’s functioning.
- It Improves Skin Health: For youthful and glowing skin, infrared sauna can also help. The heat from the sauna will be effective in getting rid of the toxins and impurities. However, avoid too much heat as it can dry out your skin.
Nonetheless, despite these benefits, there are many people who are claiming that the health benefits are not backed by solid studies. However, there is no harm in trying. See for yourself and experience why an infrared sauna is being more popular these days.
Risks of Infrared Sauna
Despite the benefits listed above, it should be noted that infrared sauna also has accompanying dangers, including the following:
- Mild to moderate discomfort
- Low blood pressure
- Light headedness
- Blurred vision
Using an Infrared Sauna Safely
To maximize the benefits of an infrared sauna and minimize the chances of suffering from the risks mentioned above, here are some safety tips to consider.
- People at risk should not use infrared saunas, including children, elderly, and pregnant women. Those who have suffered a stroke, brain tumor, and heart attack, among other serious health problems, should also refrain from using infrared sauna. Those who have high blood or low blood pressure should consult with doctors.
- Stay hydrated. This is the most important tip when using an infrared sauna. The heat can cause dehydration, so your body must be able to handle it. Drink water before entering the sauna. It is also a good practice to bring bottled water and drink it while in the sauna. Once you are done, drink another full glass of water.
- Shower before and after getting in the infrared sauna. By showering before, you will be sweating more, which will enhance the sauna experience. Showering after, on the other hand, will cleanse your body of sweat and toxins.
- Leave the sauna as soon as you feel uncomfortable. Depending on your health condition, some side effects can manifest, such as dizziness and light headedness. You can lose consciousness.
- Do not stay in the sauna more than what is necessary. At most, you should not be in the infrared sauna for more than 40 minutes. Infrared saunas have a direct heating element, which can burn your body if you sit longer than what is safe.
Choosing an Infrared Sauna Near Me
Compared to a traditional sauna, an infrared sauna is more difficult to find. Nonetheless, this does not mean that any facility with an infrared sauna will be a good choice. To help you make the right choice, below are the most important things to consider.
- Read reviews from other users. This way, you will have an idea on what makes one option better than the other. The real-life experiences of other people will help you to narrow down the possibilities. It can be tempting to choose one based on price, but that should never be the case.
- Consider the set-up of the sauna, especially if you are concerned about your privacy. Some facilities allow only one person at a time. While this is private, expect that the rates will be high. If you are looking for a cheaper alternative, look for an infrared sauna that allows public use. In most facilities, however, male and female users will be separated.
- Research about the type of the infrared sauna that is used in the establishment. In many instances, you will see this on their website or social media pages. The description of their infrared sauna can help you make the right decision. Make sure that it has premium features, especially when it comes to safety.
If you believe that you will be using an infrared sauna often, including other people in your household, then it might be better to buy one instead and install it at home. It can be expensive, but as long as you choose the right product, you can expect the best bang for the buck. Look for an infrared sauna that is easy to install and use. It should also have the necessary safety certification and features. Look at how it performs, which is possible by reading reviews of other users and learning from their real-life experiences.
Now is the time to look for an infrared sauna near you! Despite some dangers that are associated with its use, the pros outweigh the cons. From having a healthier heart to promoting radiant skin, it can deliver plenty of benefits.